Three brothers, aged six, thirteen, and sixteen, from Ratanda, south of Heidelberg, Gauteng, have died, most likely as a result of poisoning.
A fourth brother is in critical condition in the hospital. It’s claimed that their father gave the siblings energy drinks to take to school this morning.
The boys complained of stomach cramps after drinking the drinks. Two died at school, and the third died on his way to the hospital.
A fifth brother did not drink the energy drink and is completely fine. Panyaza Lesufi, MEC for Basic Education in Gauteng, has expressed his dismay.