Beloved Soshanguve-born Amapianio disc jockey DJ Maphorisa – real name Themba Sonnyboy Sekowe recently took to X (the social media platform previously known as Twitter) and posted an old photo of himself, which had his social media buzzing.
DJ Maphorisa had his social media friends shaken after unexpectedly posting a throwback photo of himself. In the old picture, the Abalele hitmaker appeared to have been in his teens.
The 36-year-old popular Amapiano disc jockey could also be seen wearing a red short-sleeved t-shirt with white stripes, a green and yellow cap, and long dark jeans. He also proved his passion for DJing started way back then as he was photographed from behind the decks in the throwback photo.
Social media users were convinced DJ Maphorisa resembled internet sensation Skomota in his old photo.
Netizens have since rushed to the comment section and told the Izolo hitmaker how much he looked like Skomota when he was younger. Others were merely motivated after seeing an old photo of DJ Maphorisa from behind the decks and praised him on how far he has come.
Take a Look at Some Reactions from Social Media Users Below:
- “You were once a Skomota moc😂,” @Luu_Matinjwa reacted.
- “Thuli would have never given u a second look here! Dankie mali indeed,” @Maddy_sebs said.
- “You really deserve to be where you are, looking at where you come from. 😇. This is motivational, inspiring ,” @Kabimatha commented.
- “First generation yabo Skomota,” @Xolani_247 replied.
- “Love or hate him, Phori has come far and his longevity should be commended and respected,” @ALKBULANChild wrote.
- “Mara you looked like Skomota there dankie mali for real🤣🤣🤣,” @Simonsays9100 said.
Dankie Mali pic.twitter.com/96P04eXOrr
— PorryMaduMoneyDoubleTrouble (@DjMaphorisa) January 10, 2024