Nothing like sickness to ruin one’s week. Last week, Sonia Mbele had quite a health scare after experiencing a pretty severe case of food poisoning that resulted in her hospitalization.
Sonia, best known for her role as Ntombi on Generations, said she thought death was knocking on her door after eating seafood and experiencing excruciating pain. It all began when she purchased a platter from a take-away food outlet in Morningside, Sandton.
According to the Sunday World, the actress took all the blame and said that it was not entirely her fault that she became ill and was admitted to the hospital. “I can’t blame the restaurant. I bought the food to eat and kept some for later and forgot to warm it up. I immediately got sick, started throwing up. Food poisoning is real,” she added.
But there’s a brighter side, Sonia has been discharged from hospital and she’s now recovering at home. “I should be ready and fully fit next week, I had to cancel all my meetings last week.”
Oh we’re just glad she’s fine.