Pearl Modiadie and Lawrence Maleka are coming together to host the Crown Gospel Awards 2018.
The 2018 SABC Crown Gospel Music Awards will be held at the Durban ICC on 25 November 2018 and will broadcast live on SABC 2 at 20:00. It will be upon Pearl Modiadie and Lawrence Maleka the two biggest TV hosts to give the viewers a night to remember.
Interesting facts about Pearl Modiadie
- Pearl Modiadie grew up in Tembisa
- Pearl Modiadie was a hard worker in Primary school and got good grades
- Pearl Modiadie has a ghetto side that comes out when she’s angry
- Pearl Modiadie has a good relationship with her dad and it became stronger with the passing of her mom
- Pearl Modiadie hates cooking
- After matric she took a gap year and got a job at Sports Scene
- Pearl Modiadie studied media and journalism at Rosebank College a year after she joined CRAZE
- She would one day want to be a journalist reporting on gossip
- She has been in the radio industry working as a radio presenter on Yfm on a show called the play ground form 00.00 to 03.00am
- She has hosted several shows including the SABC 1 television show Zaziwa
Interesting fact about Lawrence Maleka
- He grew up in Soweto and loves the township life with all his heart.
- His gutsy attitude comes from surviving hard-knocks in the township.
- While growing up he was overweight and he was not the obvious choice with the ladies.
- He is shy and socially awkard at times.
- Lerato Kganyago encouraged him to audition for his first presenting gig at Soweto TV.
- All his acting gigs were never part of a plan, they all happened by complete chance.
- Family is important to him. His father is an important part of his life, from appreciating a good shoe to taking good care of a woman.
- He plans to have presence on an international stage, he admires American TV show host Ellen Degeneres.
- He has no plans to leave the country but wants to be known internationally as one of Africa’s finest TV hosts.
- He prefers to keep his life private and his circle small because it is hard to find genuine people in the industry he is in.