Have you ever experienced the frustration of being ‘anti-ghosted’? It’s a term that has gained popularity recently, referring to the situation where someone you have been dating or talking to suddenly stops responding to your messages or calls without any explanation or closure.
Being ‘anti-ghosted’ can leave you feeling confused, hurt, and rejected. It’s important to understand the signs of being ‘anti-ghosted’ and know how to respond in a healthy and empowering way.
Signs You’ve Been ‘Anti-Ghosted’
1. Sudden Disappearance: The person you have been talking to suddenly stops responding to your messages or calls. They may have been actively engaging with you before this sudden halt.
2. No Explanation: There is no explanation or closure provided by the person who ‘anti-ghosted’ you. They simply vanish without any communication.
3. Social Media Silence: The person also stops engaging with you on social media platforms. They may unfollow you or stop liking/commenting on your posts.
How To Respond
1. Give Yourself Time: It’s natural to feel hurt and rejected when you have been ‘anti-ghosted.’ Take some time to process your emotions and allow yourself to heal.
2. Reach Out (Once): If you feel comfortable, you can reach out to the person who ‘anti-ghosted’ you to seek closure. However, do it only once and avoid becoming desperate or begging for an explanation.
3. Focus On Yourself: Instead of dwelling on the ‘anti-ghosting’ incident, shift your focus back to yourself. Engage in self-care activities, spend time with loved ones, and pursue your passions.