The identity of the four men killed in gruesome murder in Wellington, Western Cape, are anticipated to be revealed soon.
Brig Novela Potelwa, a spokesperson for the SAPS, said the police are working on identifying the four men who were shot dead in an attack on Saturday evening.
While various leads are being pursued, no arrests have been made, according to Potelwa. “Reports from the scene indicate that gunmen clad in black with [their] faces concealed entered a property in Mnandi Street, Newrest, Wellington, and went to a shack at the back of the premises. Several shots were fired, resulting in the death of four men in their twenties and one [other] sustaining serious gunshot injuries,” Potelwa said.
The fifth victim, who suffered significant injuries, is still in the hospital. The four men are thought to be Malawians. Since then, police have opened four murder investigations and one attempted murder investigation. The bodies of the victims have yet to be identified.