Isibaya’s Zinhle Mabena’s Murder Case Thrown Out Due To Lack Of Substantial Evidence

“I act on behalf of Zinhle and confirm that she was unlawfully taken into custody yesterday but is now a free woman after the NPA declined to place the matter on the roll, because of the preposterous nature of the allegations against our client.

Isibaya's Zinhle Mabena's Murder Case Thrown Out Due To Lack Of Substantial Evidence-SurgeZirc SA
Zinhle Mabena/Photo File: Twitter

Now, one needs to tread very carefully around this Zinhle Mabena and her husband’s case as it’s really complicated. So as we had reported the actress was arrested after she was accused of attempted murder and conspiracy to murder.

However,  The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on Wednesday confirmed Zinhle was a free woman after it decided not to place the attempted murder and murder case against her on the roll.

READ MORE: “He’s Still A Child,” Tweeps Think Andile Mpisane Is Too Young For His Baby Mama Sithelo

The prosecuting team spokesperson said that more investigation needed to be done before the matter could be placed on the roll.  “The docket was brought to court [and] the matter was not enrolled due to insufficient evidence and [need for] further investigations,” Lumka said.

This comes after Zinhle appeared in court on February 16 as she was arrested with an attempted murder case against her husband, Robert Ngwenya, and the death of his bodyguard.

SurgeZirc SA has since seen a statement that was issued by the actress’s lawyer, Joshua Lazarus of Shapiro and Ledwaba Incorporated, which said that she had been subject to “a lot of intimidation and scrutiny by an individual known to her in attempts to damaged her reputation and ethics”.

“I act on behalf of Zinhle and confirm that she was unlawfully taken into custody yesterday but is now a free woman after the NPA declined to place the matter on the roll, because of the preposterous nature of the allegations against our client.

READ MORE: Update: Isibaya’s Zinhle Mabena Tried killing Husband Twice, Allegedly Killed Bodyguard

“We can also confirm that nothing plausible was provided to the authorities to link our client to any crime including but not limited to murder or attempted murder or any conspiracy. All these mischievous allegations ironically come from her husband whom she has recently sued for a divorce and against whom our client has obtained an interim protection order,” read the statement.

Share this article with friends
5 1 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments