Mkhize Says WHO Will Be Sending 43 Experts In SA

Mkhize said South Africa needed another three weeks in order for government to determine whether the country is indeed in a downward trend.

Mkhize Says WHO Will Be Sending 43 Experts In SA-SurgeZirc SA
Health Minister Zweli Mkhize/Photo File:Screengrabs

Minister of Health Dr Zweli Mkhize made an announcement that the World Health Organisation (WHO) will be sending 43 senior experts to South Africa.

To assist South African in fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.

READ MORE: Mkhize: “Gauteng, WC, EC Passed Their Surge Started Taper Off”

However, this comes after he alluded that there is a possibility that the country could experience a second surge, as seen in many other countries.

Mkhize said the first 17 experts will arrive in the country on Wednesday, 5 August 2020 and will complete the quarantine period for 14 days in the process.

The arrival of the experts will follow in the steps of the 200 medical officials who were sent to the country by Cuba in April to fight the spread of Covid-19.

Mkhize said South Africa needed another three weeks in order for government to determine whether the country is indeed in a downward trend.

Although, people assumes the government succumbed to alcohol industry’s pressure and weakening of the economy.

READ MORE: Maimane Blames Ramaphosa For Failure To Act In Zimbabwe

It was said earlier this week that alcohol ban could be lifted sooner than expected. This is because the purpose of the ban has been served now it’s time to revive the economy and balance livelihood of South Africans.

In addition, Mkhize said people should continue to commit in regulations placed to fight this pandemic.

 

Share this article with friends
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments