Presidency representative Khusela Diko said Deputy President David Mabuza didn’t deduce any “malicious intent” when he said on Thursday that the minister of public enterprises and the Eskom board had misled President Cyril Ramaphosa regarding load-shedding.
Diko would not say late on Thursday whether Ramaphosa had been misled about the circumstance at Eskom, as the present load shedding in the nation was unplanned.
Diko said the responsibility made by the Eskom board in December was that there would be no plan load shedding before January 13. The load-shedding experienced since the weekend had been unplanned, she said.
Her remarks were referring on Mabuza telling media that Ramaphosa was misled.
“They’ve misled the president, but right from the day we went there with the president I insisted on maintenance,” he said to journalists on the sidelines of an ANC blitz in Kimberley on Thursday.
“And they have given us the assurance that from 17 December right through to 13 January, we should be in a position to have any form of load shedding, and going right through to March they will be seeking to do everything they can to restore the stability of the network.”
Meanwhile, in a statement issued a short while go, Eskom reminded customers that load shedding was an essential and controlled measure to ensure that the integrity of the grid was not compromised.
Date:10 January 2020
Stage 1 loadshedding will be implemented from 06h00 until 23:00 today @SABCNewsOnline @IOL @eNCA @ewnupdates @News24 @Fin24 @TimesLIVE @CityPowerJhb @CityofJoburgZA @CityTshwane @City_Ekurhuleni @eThekwiniM https://t.co/tTBzQezwXa pic.twitter.com/qhpTv7nEfh
— Eskom Hld SOC Ltd (@Eskom_SA) January 10, 2020